Fat Bomb: Scrambled Egg Muffin
I have very few recipes that I made up by myself – I curate (choose something that I think looks “do-able” and might taste yummy) and try and make it – see if it works for me on my fitness and health journey. This one is adapted from Keto Fat Bombs (2nd edition) by Adele Baker
- Prep Time: 45
- Total Time: 45
- 3 strips bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 6 six eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Gouda cheese, shredded
- I usually substitute cheddar unless I’ve had Gouda in the house for some other recipe
- In small bowl, melt the butter and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add in spices. Melt some butter in a non stick skillet on medium heat and scramble the eggs.
- Put cooked eggs into another large bowl. Mix in cheeses. Add bacon and stir. Add the melted butter and coconut oil.
- Pour the batter in mini muffin liners. Place on cookie sheet with or without wax paper, and freeze for about 30 minutes. Serve.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 16.98
- Carbohydrates: .3 net
- Protein: 7.9