Fat Bomb: Greek Style Fat Bomb Balls
I have very few recipes that I made up by myself – I curate (choose something that I think looks “do-able” and might taste yummy) and try and make it – see if it works for me on my fitness and health journey. This one is adapted from Keto Fat Bombs (2nd edition) by Adele Baker
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 20
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3 Tbsp freshly chopped herbs (any combination of basil, thyme, oregano and/or parsley works great) or 2 tsp of dried herbs
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 4 Kalamata olives, pitted, chopped2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Black pepper, to taste1 tsp sea salt
- 5 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Mash the butter and cream cheese together with a fork and mix until well combined. Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes and Kalamata olives.
- Stir in the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix and refrigirate for 20-30 minutes.
- Make 5 balls out from the mixture. A spoon or an ice-cream scooper works well.
- Place the grated Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Roll each ball in the cheese and place on a plate. Serve or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 19.8
- Carbohydrates: .8 net
- Protein: 3.67